It's been 3 years........

I had a hard time finding my blog. It's been so long. And, I'm gonna be honest...........I CANNOT believe it's been 3 years since I posted.

But, everything is different now.

Last week, an sociopath was elected as our President. I'm speechless. I'm angry. I'm depressed. I feel fearful of the future; for the first time in my fifty-seven years.

Everyone is asking themselves, "How did this happen?" I have no fucking idea.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to watch the news again. I have never felt such visceral hatred towards another human being. This is new for me.

All I want to do here, on this blog, is express my fears and all my feelings about what has happened to our country and what may lie ahead for us all.

And, I need to address that word I used above; HATRED. I want to be able to take that word back someday, sooner rather than later. I know it's not good for my psyche or my soul.

2016 has been a HORRIBLE year. We lost some of my favorite artists this year. We lost Prince (to accidental overdose), we lost David Bowie (to cancer), we lost Glen Frey (to complications of RA), we lost Leonard Cohen (to cancer). I just read that Gwen Ifill died today of cancer. Goddamn cancer. She was a veteran Washington journalist who helped me navigate my way through this horrible election. She was only sixty-one.

But we did have one amazing experience this year. Finally, in 2016, the Chicago Cubs won the world series. The last time this happened was 1908. Dan and Collin were able to get into a few of the games at Wrigley and they had the time of their lives.

But, the joy of that win was overshadowed by what was going on in politics. The Cubs won on a Friday, and the following Tuesday, Trump won the election.


(Memory: Maddox spent the day here with Jeff and I. Dan lives with us now and we are thrilled to be a regular part of Maddox's life. We went shopping for a lawn ornament (pic)
for what will be his 2nd Christmas. He is the joy of our life right now. But, now I am extra fearful for him.......as well as for the future of our country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't "Do" Yellow.

Week Ending Friday 1/24/20