2:11 on 1/16/2020

Not using this as blog - just going to try to write short notes about what's happened today.

I'm doing this for one reason and one reason only.

So, I'll remember my life.

I've had this MS now for 20 years and it's picking away at my cognitive abilities.

But, it's the beginning of a new year AND a new decade and as I sit here looking back on past posts - I like what I'm reading. I like going back to a memory that, had I not written it down, I certainly wouldn't be smiling now..........of feeling angry (thanks potus). So, I'll use this a ledger of my activities from day to day.

But, I should take the time to write about some of the major things that happened to me over the past decade, such as:

Turning 50...........and then 60. Becoming a grandmother not once, but twice. (Surely there are some happy memories there.) My husband cheated on me. That was big. Didn't come close to destroying me but I won't lie and say it didn't burn. That would be a LONG post and painful. That happened in 2012 and I'm not sure I'll revisit that memory. Turned that page. But, we moved TWICE. And, now we're in a fifty-five plus community which I'm not to thrilled about. The only saving grace is that is has 3 pools and I STILL love to be in the water. This last move was to downsize since the upkeep of our beautiful home in Sleepy Hollow was just too much. Also, had a relapse of my MS. That was some of the reason we decided to downsize.

LOG: What did I do today? Well, yesterday, I had a new MRI and it showed my MS is stable once again. But, since I've had it for 20 years now, it's natural that it's progressing, even if I AM on a drug therapy. I know I have to stay ACTIVE and that's harder now, since my relapse caused weakness on my right side and I find that I need WAY more rest than I did even a year ago.

So, today I went to the pool. Wasn't crowded at all and I was able to meditate and swim and the same time. So, I............H2Ommmmmmmmed.  Or, I aquatated. Rest of the day was spent relaxing. (It's a Thursday.)

 I'm reading Neil Peart's (drummer from rock group RUSH - he died this week). Turns out he was a prolific writer as well as being an amazing musician. I'm enjoying his book about his touring days w/ RUSH and how he brought his motorcycle with and used THAT to travel between gigs.

Jeff made a delicious stir-fry dinner. Steak.

Watched Rachel Maddow's interview w/ participants in this insane DRAMA.SAGA that's STILL happening. #45 IMPEACHMENT `- won't pass the Senate but hopefully will make it more difficult for him to get re-elected this year.

The world is on fire. We're in trouble. Maybe that's the REAL reason I'm posting again. I need to purge this anger over what's happening to our country.

2:33 now - back to bed for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't "Do" Yellow.

Week Ending Friday 1/24/20