Put on your big girl panties.......


I see I have drifted away from writing about my Multiple Sclerosis here and it does not surprise me. Ever since being diagnosed in 2000, I have found myself NOT talking about it much.

Originally, I thought it was because I didn’t want to be one of those people; you know the type. At the drop of a hat, they will tell you all about their skin lesions, hot flashes and itchy vulva. (Please Mom; no more…I never want to hear you use the word vulva again.)

For some reason I have always been more focused on those people who really have it hard; people with illnesses that are sure to cut short their lives or those living with chronic diseases that prevent them from living a normal life. My favorite singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg died of cancer a few weeks ago; out sailing his boat all summer and dead by Christmas. So, I say to myself; what have I got to complain about?

It’s a personal philosophy for living life. One of my favorite movie quotes is “Get busy living or get busy dying” from The Shawshank Redemption. That pretty much says it all.
Better still, here is a picture of a plaque that hangs in our bathroom (above). You can’t miss it. I placed it there intentionally as a message to my children.

Now, I oftentimes hear them saying it to one another. I also hear it being thrown around the firehouse where my husband works ever since he made a copy of it and hung it on his bulletin board in his office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't "Do" Yellow.

Week Ending Friday 1/24/20