70 degrees in Mid-November.

This weather is just wonderful. I had most of the day to myself. Went for eyebrow wax/tint (Holy crap - cost $60) Had what was probably my DQ cone for the season.

Didn't obsess too much about politics. Just kind of watching the clown assemble his cabinet. Not gonna be a easy 4 years, that's for sure.

Let it go.

Jeff golfed. How could he not. It was 70 degrees out today.

Reading a bio of Eleanor Roosevelt (covering 1939-till her death). Puts what were going through now into perspective. As first lady, she was resolute in her conviction to helping the refugees fleeing Europe. She received regular updates from friends in Europe about the atrocities being committed by Hitler. Entire towns being bombed and it's inhabitants being killed or forced to flee; but to where? One by one, countries (Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, France) being overtaken by Nazi forces. The entire world was on fire and FDR was maneuvering his way through the nightmare that the USA would eventually be drawn into. I can't imagine the terror and feelings of hopelessness.

I think I can survive 4 years of Trump. (But, I fear that unless we make some serious changes, our country is in for decades of diminished influence world wide and continued hardship for all citizens of the USA..

But, I finished the day playing with Maddox before putting him to bed. Then, I went out and sat on the back porch and stared at the moon and the stars. Perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't "Do" Yellow.

Week Ending Friday 1/24/20